giovedì 28 aprile 2011

Sydney (english version)

Sydney is the first true city that I meet in this travel. There is the sea, that it’s always a great gift, the buildings with a numbers of floors in double digit, different residential quarters in different styles, often surrounded of the green, Chinatown, the Spanish quarter, the Scottish one, the Italian one, the fish market.

There is a lot of people and a lot of movement, pubs, shops, but I never had the impression it’s too much, I never saw something like an interminable queue or smelled a smog cloud. Some evenings ago I let me go to the fast and dense people flow in Chinatown. People skipped me fluid as the waves slip over a boa in the middle of the Sea. Amazing.



There are wonderful parks.
I fell in love of the Royal Botanic Garden, on the Sea, with sight on the Opera House, with his huge, strange trees, the palms, the giant bats that just after the sunset have a show over the fountain, the corners of forest, fat plants or never seen, the strange and huge birds that I don’t know.



During the sunset, the city is extraordinary. The views are unbelievably pleasant, for me that should be a good reason for live in it

I know that, not so far, there are a lot of beaches that value a visit but I haven’t been yet. In some of these I know that you can’t swim because there are some sharks. The backpackers where I am it’s no so great, but some people tell me that the other aren’t better. Almost all the guys who I met worked, are working or they’re looking for a job. It seems that here it’s easy find a job and also with good money, but the work Is hard, the Australians don’t give presents.

Out of Sydney people live with a low profile. Old cars, simple clothes, houses no so luxury and I can’t understand if it’s a cultural or economic matter. Why to live in tows as Lightning Ridge, for example ?



Leopold, born in Austria, lived in Canada and finally came to this small town to help his mother who was dying, he told us that it’s a relaxed life. Leopold is a creative pensioned. He fix himself his antique Mercedes, he made himself a solar panel finding the instruction on internet, he enjoyed using Photoshop. “if you can do it, I can do it” is his philosophy.

But I don’t understand why such a smart person lives alone in this town stolen at the outback. The main activity is the opal mine, precious stones wealth mirage. Only really few people make money, the others try to live, invent ridiculous attractions for tourists and they wait the fresh of evening to exchange dreams at the pub.

There is too much dust, I’m uncomfortable. The desert is the place of the trial, not of the life ma everyone choose for himself. The beauty of the outback if that the land is flat until the horizon and the sky is wide until the imagination arrive, so the sunrise and the sunset are always special.

Me and Marco, a guy from Pesaro who i met in the backpackers, enjoy them in the bus, fighting with the sleep, in this trip to Lightening Ridge of an all-day of travel.



Yesterday night we had a dinner to Zeke, Australian lawyer who has lived in half world. Especially in New york and in Asia and now he lives alone in a big house in Victoria street, 5 minutes from our backpackers. We drank too much wine and cooked too much pasta, discussed about art, politics, travels, food and daily life. Probably it will be one of the best dinner of this year.



Instead yesterday afternoon i had a romantic moment with myself at the fish market. After I enjoined with smells, shapes, colors, I tasted some sushi on the wharf. It was the hour before the sunset and the sun was just coming out after a rain day. At the market the clerks were cleaning for closing, in the other side of the bay people were going home crossing the ANZAC bridge after a day of work, two pelicans was stealing the fish to the others birds. In the bay the plays of light in the water were pleasant, the ships moored were added a romantic touch to the frame. I listened my breath, I tasted all the flavor of the fish in the mouth, I was present at all what happened around me.



I wondered “who am i?” and “what am I doing?”. I think I lived most of my life the life of someone else, the life of who I thought you should expected from me. Now as well, when I am prey of a useless thoughts crowd, when I am in a condition of low energy, when I identify myself with my fear, I live the life of another.

Just listening my breath recharges me of energy, keeps me present on the stage of the Life, awakes me from the dream or, should be better to say, from the nightmare.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento