domenica 4 settembre 2011

Camiguin Island (English version)

I find delicious to wake up in the morning with the voice of the sea, the colors of dawn come up shy in the room until to fill it of light. I enjoy the breeze of a fan, I turn in bed and I fall asleep again.



I'm not in a hurry. Or yes? Yesterday I met Renato, 63 years in Stuttgart, Germany. He retired from 5 years, He lives here in Camiguin Island from 4 years and He became a father from 2 years and 8 months. He smokes a cigar and plays with his daughter, looks like a boy, has less white hair than me. There's no hurry here. There is no tension, everyone seems relaxed and friendly. Simple.



Vanessa is still sleeping. He had a problem in his leg, a vein that is inflamed, so we were General Santos hospital in Butuan and the doctor has prescribed antibiotics and painkillers. The leg is fine now but once a day she feels unwell, fever or nausea, care should end tomorrow.



Since I left, not much went as I expected. Whenever I try not to miss the lesson, to see the positive side, to give meaning. I'm learning so much about myself, my weaknesses, the traps of my mind, my strengths. I don't know if and how much I've changed, I have no points of reference and don't know if these changes are final or not.

However, now is clear to me that the prospect of becoming a better person has to be weighed very carefully. The personal improvement is a great ideal, if the intention behind it is correct. I fear that often the intention behind it is that "I have to improve to be loved, to be worthy of love." This intention is a prison from which you can't exit, a highway to the unhappiness.

The positive intention is "I desire to improve because I want to learn how to make my life and the life of the others, even richer, starting from accepting myself and loving myself as I am, here and now."

For example, since when I left I found a lot of people told me I am beautiful, handsome, or guapo, in Filipino. I look around and I say to myself he is talking to me? In Italy I have no memory of this. I look at my photos on facebook and I start to believe it, I start at 37 years to believe to my beauty. Of course I don't speak of the beauty of the models, but the brightness, energy, harmony. It will look fucked up but I think it's an extraordinary thing.



Honestly, I also seem to have learned to see things that I didn't see before and hear things that I didn't hear first, and also to have developed a certain sensitivity to photograph the sunsets. Yesterday I found a waterfall hidden in the jungle, and believe me, that place was special, I'm happy not to have taken a guide to get there. The context has its own importance. One can be at peace in the queue in the sweltering heat of Milan, but in my humble opinion, it is better to start from Camiguin Island.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento